Group 3 words
Tsunamis Tornadoes Monsoons Volcanoes literature Appreciation Prejudice Connotations Prescriptive Annotated
1. Please copy your list words three times into your homework book.
2. Start preparing your speech for class masters, if you’re not sure of your topic
check with your teacher.
3. Start looking for ideas for your debate topics, the earlier you begin this
process the easier it will be when it is your turn to debate.
4. Choose four list words. Write each word in a sentence to indicate you have a
good understanding of the words.
Annotated: to annotate or for something to be annotated is to have something clearly labeled.
Tornadoes: A tornado is a twisting wind storm. A tornado is also a type of extreme weather.
Appreciation: to appreciate something is to have gratitude towards property and people.
Monsoons: A monsoon is when there is excessive rain and any wind that changes directions with the season.
5. By now you should have your book for Literature Circles. Carefully look at the responsibilities your role entails. What do you have to have completed before you meet again as a group? Remember to record all of your answers in your reading reflection book.
6. Prefixes : Write the definition of a prefix.
Complete the table below with as many prefixes as possible.
pre-, trans-, hyper-, aero-, multi-,anti-, de-, dis-, en-, em-, fore-, in-, im-, in-, im-, il-, ir-,inter-, mid-, mis-,non-, over-, re-,semi-, sub-, super-, un-,under-